On Thursday, at Wembley Stadium, the United States Women’s National Team will be seeking its fourth Gold Medal when it takes on reigning World Champions Japan in a rematch of the 2011 Women’s World Cup final. And, as in that 2011 match, the center referee will be Bibiana Steinhaus of Germany. Over 80,000 tickets have been sold for the match, although a sell-out is not expected due to the only remaining tickets being £125 or $195 in U.S. dollars (WembleyStadium.com).
The Gold Medal match will be shown live on NBC Sports Network, with coverage beginning at 2:00 p.m. EDT. The kick-off is at 2:45 p.m. EDT.
- Television And Online Details
- Referee Crew
- Likely Starting Line-Ups
- Japan’S Matches (just a list, with links)
- United States’ Goals And Assists, By Player
- Cumulative Tournament Statistical Comparison
- Japan’s Goals: How Scored
- USA/Japan Matches This Year (list with short summary) Continue reading